TASSER-Lite is a protein structure comparative modeling tool. It is limited to protein target-template pairs whose pairwise sequence identity is >25% to the best threading template. It is optimized to model single domain proteins whose lengths range from 41-200 residues.
Reference: Pandit, S B, Zhang Y, Skolnick J. 2006. TASSER-Lite: an automated tool for protein comparative modeling. Biophysical journal. 91(11):4180-90. PDF
- This software is freely available to all academic users and not-for-profit institutions.
- Commercial users wishing an evaluation copy should contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Commercial users may license the TASSER-Lite software after completing the license agreement and sending it to email@example.com Download the license agreement.
If you find this software to be useful, please cite the following paper:
- Pandit, S B, Zhang Y, Skolnick J. 2006. TASSER-Lite: an automated tool for protein comparative modeling. Biophysical journal. 91(11):4180-90. PDF
Click on the links below to download the files to setup TASSERLite.v.1.0.
On some browsers, the files with *.tar.bz2 extension are not recognized as bzipped files. Hence, save all the files with *.tar.bz2 extensions only.
The integrity of the files could be checked using md5sum. The md5sum for the files are:
1. tassersetup.tar.bz2 : 9cc9dd4883003e50a22daa22af814a59
2. tasserlibset1.tar.bz2 : 3a93f9286b82403b914cd4b0661e4d27
3. tasserlibset2.tar.bz2 : df8edc5ed92ef73e56644aafafa0d8f6
Note: This version is for Linux/Unix OS only.
Instructions for Linux/Unix users
1. Download the above files; bunzip and untar the tassersetup.tar.bz2
2. Move tasserlibset1.tar.bz2 and tasserlibset2.tar.bz2 to "tasserlite" dir.
3. cd into "tasserlite" dir. and Run the script ./setup.sh for further instructions.
4. A detailed README file is included with the package.
5. Please follow the instructions given in the README file to set the memory requirement for the machine.
Instructions for installation on Mac
Click and download the tarred and bzipped binaries for Mac:
1. Untar the 'MacOS_binaries.bz2' under a 'temp/' directory. The directory tree of MacOS_binaries is 'MacOS_binaries/bin/*'.
2. Follow the installation instructions as given for Linux/Unix.
3. Once the installation is finished, find the 'bin/' directory in the TASSERLite installation directory.
4. Replace this 'bin/' directory content with the content from 'temp/MacOS_binaries/bin/'.
Note: One, can just replace the whole 'TASSER_INSTALLATION_PATH/bin/' directory with 'temp/MacOS_binaries/bin/'
For queries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org